Protecting your home if you are taking out a mortgage is a legal requirement.

Cheapest isn’t always best so it’s important to ensure that you have the right cover!


What is Building and Contents Insurance?


A Buildings Insurance policy should cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home if it’s damaged in the event of storms and floods, fire, vandalism, subsidence and water damage. Contents Insurance covers all the items in your home against theft, fire, and flood.


So what items are classed as Buildings and what items would fall under Contents Insurance?
As a general rule, imagine lifting up your house and shaking it upside down. Anything that would fall out is Contents, what remains is Buildings.


What type of policies are there?


Different policies will offer different levels of cover, with more comprehensive policies often covering the following:


Accidental Damage

Legal Expenses

Lower Excesses

Home Emergency Cover

Personal Possessions Outside Of The Home


What is Landlords Cover?


If you are a landlord, it is very important that you have specific cover for the home you are renting out. This is often referred to as Landlords cover, and will ensure that the Building is protected, as well as landlord specific contents.


It’s our professional responsibility to ensure that your home and family are protected and that you are aware of the risks involved with taking on a mortgage. We can discuss and help assess your circumstances with you to discover if Buildings and Contents Cover is relevant for you and what level of cover would be most appropriate.


Contact us now to discuss your Home Insurance requirements.

Get in touch today